Okay, what are you doing with your manuscript? That one, the partially-finished, glorious wreck of a manuscript to which you've devoted so many hours, so many dreams, so many fears. Or is it that fossilized beauty that's been filed so neatly for years that it's becoming artistically imoblized? The one you're terrified to let anyone set eyes on?
Send me that manuscript.
There are few things I love more than working one-on-one with other writers to bring manuscripts to their full potential. I work with novelists structuring and editing their manuscripts, poets publishing in literary magazines for the first time, and creative nonfiction writers shaping their own experiences and challenges into literary works of art.
Write Mind Manuscript Consultation includes:
- A thoughtful, comprehensive reading of your manuscript, keeping in mind your intentions as an author and potential markets and readership
- Detailed, thorough comments providing feedback and insight into all aspects of your manuscript including structure, voice, and the literary craft elements of its genre (poetry, fiction, literary nonfiction)
- Suggestions to develop and strengthen your work in a way that reflects your own creative process, strengths and talents
- Exploration of markets for your manuscript, whether in literary magazines, placing it with an agent or publisher, or self-publishing
- A discussion and brainstorming session, either over email or on a private online discussion forum
Rates & Submission Dates
I consult on manuscripts on an on-going basis. I strive to closely read your manuscript and have comments back to you within two to four weeks, depending on the length of your manuscript. Once you send me your initial inquiry, I can let you know when you can submit it to me in order to have it back to you within this window.
Prose manuscripts (fiction and literary nonfiction) are a reading rate of $250 + $2.50 per page. A page of prose is approximately 250 words, double-spaced, in 12 pt. Times New-Roman or a similar font. A 250 page novel manuscript would be $250 + $625 for a total of $875.
Poetry manuscripts are a reading rate of $125 + $2.50 per page. As per industry standard, a page of poetry has only one poem on it (a poem may be more than one page, of course, but not more than one poem should appear on any one page). A 75 page poetry manuscript would be $125 + $187.50 for a total of $312.50.
If you are looking for consultation on shorter manuscripts, and if my time allows, I can occasionally offer feedback and suggestions on an hourly basis. My hourly rate is $75/hour. Please inquire with me to see if I am available to give your work close attention within a timely response window. If you have any questions, or would like to know more, fill out the form below and I will contact you to set up a free consultation.